What is it?
This is an even more leucine enhanced product than our BCAA 2:1:1. This BCAA formulation features DOUBLE the leucine content of our standard BCAAs for an few dollars more. Branched chain amino acids(BCAAs) are a staple ingredient for anyone looking to improve their performance in the gym or a physical activity. BCAAs are essential amino acids, meaning our bodies cannot manufacture them and we must consume them via our diet. BCAAs comprise over 33% of the amino acid composition of human skeletal muscle(1).
- Used as fuel during intense exercise(2)
- Reduces exercise-induced muscle breakdown(3)
- Stimulates muscle protein synthesis(4)
- May promote strength recovery(5)
- Exert an ANTI-CATABOLIC and ANABOLIC effect on protein metabolism(6)
- Mixes easily in any liquid using a shaker cup
Why use it?
BCAAs are important, but Leucine in particular is the key ingredient. Leucine plays a major role in skeletal muscle metabolism by exerting an anabolic and anti-catabolic effect on protein metabolism. Leucine is often used as a marker of muscle protein synthesis, thus researchers believe it plays the major role in muscle formation and stability. Many researchers believe leucine supplementation itself is a way to prevent loss of skeletal muscle mass as well(7).
Raw Dynamix's BCAAs are instantized (no clumping, easily mixes in a shaker cup) and have a 4:1:1 ratio of L-Leucine(~6.64g per serving), L-Isoleucine, L-Valine. This means there is FOUR TIMES as much leucine in the mix as normal BCAAs for in theory greater anabolism and anti-catabolic effects.
How and when should one use it?
There are 3 scenarios centered around BCAA use.
Throughout the day
Try taking 10+grams to promote fat loss and muscle sparing during dieting or other calorie-restricted states.
Combine BCAAs with any fast-acting, high GI carbohydrate to keep the aminos and carbs flowing into the hungry muscles.
Use BCAAs with any of our supplements such as creatine or glutamine to promote anabolism and recovery.
As a dietary supplement, mix 1 scoop (10 grams) with 10-16 fluid ounces of your favorite beverage as directed or needed up to 3 times daily.
L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Valine, Soy Lecithin (Less than 1%).
Stand-up pouch of appropriate size. Orders of greater than 500 grams will be consolidated to save packaging costs unless customer notes specific requests on the comments section of the checkout process.
Although this product may not contain one or all of the following, this product is manufactured in a facility that handles milk, soy, egg, peanut, nut, tree, fish, crustaceans/shellfish, and wheat products.
1. Harper, A.E., et al., Branched-chain amino acid metabolism. Annu Rev Nutr, 1984. 4: p. 409-54. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=6380539
2. Gibala, M.J., Regulation of skeletal muscle amino acid metabolism during exercise. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab, 2001. 11(1): p. 87-108. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=11255139
3. Tang, F.C., Influence of branched-chain amino acid supplementation on urinary protein metabolite concentrations after swimming. J Am Coll Nutr, 2006. 25(3): p. 188-94. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=16766776
4. Shimomura, Y., et al., Exercise promotes BCAA catabolism: effects of BCAA supplementation on skeletal muscle during exercise. J Nutr, 2004. 134(6 Suppl): p. 1583S-1587S. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=15173434
5. Ohtani, M., et al., Amino acid mixture improves training efficiency in athletes. J Nutr, 2006. 136(2): p. 538S-543S. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=16424143
6. Goldberg, A.L., Protein synthesis during work-induced growth of skeletal muscle. J Cell Biol, 1968. 36: p. 653-658.
7. Fujita, S. and E. Volpi, Amino acids and muscle loss with aging. J Nutr, 2006. 136(1 Suppl): p. 277S-80S. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&dopt=Citation&list_uids=16365098
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.