- 8:1:1 BCAA Ratio to promote mTOR
- Branched chain, essential, and non-essential amino acids
- Leucine and Glutamine Peptides
- Sugar Free
- Vitamin B6 for natural energy support
Based on the success of Amino Infusion, we looked at our old BCAA product and decided we were unhappy with it. After trying some of the newer products on the market, we felt many missed the chance to incorporate all the amino acids necessary for recovery and other bodily functions. This is where Amino Infusion filled the void, but still improvements could be made. So we went back to the lab and wanted to focus on a product that filled these voids.
Goals for Our New Product
- Mixes Easily
- Higher amounts of Leucine to activate the mTOR pathway for new muscle creation
- Dye-Free Flavoring
- Peptides to facilitate rapid uptake of Amino Acids
- Essential Amino Acids to aid other bodily functions
and so TOTAL AMINO was formulated, designed, and now available to you. So let's go through the goals, step-by-step to show you the benefits of TOTAL AMINO
TOTAL AMINO mixes easily in a shaker cup with little effort making it perfect for your on-the-go lifestyle. Whenever needed, TOTAL AMINO can be mixed to increase the amount of amino acids in the blood stream and increase nitrogen balance. This is all key to staying ANABOLIC and BUILDING NEW LEAN MUSCLE.
Higher Leucine Content
TOTAL AMINO sports an 8:1:1 BCAA ratio delivering 4 grams of leucine per serving. But we didn't stop there with the leucine. We added 500mg of leucine peptides to further boost the leucine concentration. The best part about leucine peptides? Your body absorbs them at a much faster rate than regular amino acids due to their small particle size. This means rapid uptake into the blood stream to help prevent catabolism, spark new lean muscle growth, and fuel recovery from intense training.
In regards to mTOR, many people are unaware of what it actually is. In a nutshell, mTOR is responsible for new cell proliferation(growth), hypertrophic growth(increase in cell size), protein synthesis, and tissue genesis(creation). What does that mean to you? Simply put mTOR is an anabolic pathway that when unlocked and functioning, has the ability to increase anabolism in turn increasing your lean muscle gains. Many clinical studies on mTOR suggest that amino acids are capable of directly regulating mTOR signaling pathways in skeletal muscle (1, 2, 3, 4).
Now we're going to tie leucine into this for you to understand the importance of leucine, mTOR, and lean muscle gains. From the research, it appears mTOR activation may depend on both tissue and amino acid specifics (5,6). Guess which amino acid is best at inducing the mTOR pathway? Yep, leucine! Leucine was noted as being primarily responsible for mTOR pathway activation leading to mTOR's effect on protein turnover and synthesis (1-6). Since the branched chain amino acids actually compete to induce mTOR, in theory, its more logical to have a greater ratio of leucine to isoleucine to valine. Using products with large amounts of isoleucine and valine may actually counteract the effect leucine may have on the mTOR pathway. Remember, too much a good thing can be a negative. TOTAL AMINO provides the correct ratio for you to maximize your mTOR pathway.
Why do you need dye in the first place? It serves no purpose, can actually be harmful, and is used mostly for the purpose of tricking your brain and perception of what flavor you are about to drink. TOTAL AMINO drops the dyes and provides you with a great tasting amino formula.
Peptides to faciliate rapid uptake of Amino Acids
Peptides, due to their low molecular weight, are absorbed faster than larger molecules. This is a great thing when we are trying to recover and grow new lean muscle. In fact, your body has to break down any protein into peptides via digestion before it can readily use them. This costs your time and the POTENTIAL TO GROW. Why perform this step if you don't have to? Go from A to C and JUST GROW BABY!
Essential Amino Acids to aid other bodily functions
Your body and your muscles need more than BCAAs to facilitate muscle growth and other important related functions. TOTAL AMINO contains
DL-Phenylalanine - acts as a painkiller, helps with memory and learning, may help regulate appetite, and elevates mood which can be enhanced if vitamin B6 is present
L-Threonine - supports cardiovascular, liver, central nervous, and immune system function. It helps maintain proper protein balance in the body and assists in the formation of collagen and elastin. Other nutrients are also better absorbed when L-Threonine is present.
Lysine - an essential component of all proteins and works with other essential amino acids to maintain growth, lean body mass, and the body’s store of nitrogen.
L-Histidine - needed for growth and for the repair of tissue, stimulates inflammatory response of skin and mucous membranes, regulates trace minerals, facilitates the body’s production of energy
L-Methionine - supports detoxification, joint health, liver fat metabolism, energy production, and brain function. It is a precursor to creatine.
Glutamine - helps prevent muscle breakdown, boost immune system, speeds recovery, boost growth hormone, and promotes nitrogen retention.
Tyrosine - supports brain function and enhances athletic performance by combating the perception of fatigue
- Vitamin B6 - acts as a coenzyme to many other enzymes in the body that are needed in metabolism. It is involved in neurotransmitter synthesis and amino acid, glucose, and lipid metabolism. These all are key processes that need to be functioning at high levels when training.
Now that its all laid out, its easy to see where this product fills the gaps from our BCAA N' More to the other products currently available on the market. Don't settle for incomplete formulas that have just this or that. That's not all your body needs. A well-balanced formula with aid you in building the muscle you are WORKING for! Don't waste your hard-earned money or precious time by using inferior products. Use products designed with purpose of delivering results.
Directions for Use
Consume at least 1 serving post-workout to aid in recovery from intense training.* Use throughout the day to meet your health and fitness goals.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
See Above Image
- Anthony J. C., Anthony T. G., Kimball S. R., Vary T. C., Jefferson L. S. Orally administered leucine stimulates protein synthesis in skeletal muscle of postabsorptive rats in association with increased eIF4F formation. J. Nutr. 2000;130:139-145
- Tischler M. E., Desautels M., Goldberg A. L. Does leucine, leucyl-tRNA, or some metabolite of leucine regulate protein synthesis and degradation in skeletal and cardiac muscle?. J. Biol. Chem. 1982;257:1613-1621
- Kimball S. R., Shantz L. M., Horetsky R. L., Jefferson L. S. Leucine regulates translation of specific mRNAs in L6 myoblasts through mTOR-mediated changes in availability fo eIF4E and phosphorylation of ribosomal protein S6. J. Biol. Chem. 1999;274:11647-1
- Buse M. G., Weigand D. A. Studies concerning the specificity of the effect of leucine on the turnover of proteins in muscles of control and diabetic rats. Biochim. Biophys. Acta 1977;475:81-89
- Patti M. E., Brambilla E., Luzi L., Landaker E. J., Kahn C. R. Bidirectional modulation of insulin action by amino acids. J. Clin. Invest. 1998;101:1519-1529
- Shigemitsu K., Tsujishita Y., Miyake H., Hidayat S., Tanaka N., Hara K., Yonezawa K. Structural requirement of leucine for activation of p70 S6 kinase. FEBS Lett 1999;447:303-306